Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I'f it's good for One then it's good for all

OK Guys, the following info came directly from the New York Times. You'd think I'm really tight with them, but actually I stole this info off their site.

"Buried deep in the health care legislation that President Obama signed on Tuesday is a new requirement that will affect any American who walks into a McDonald's, Starbucks or Burger King. Every big restaurant chain in the nation will now be required to put calorie information on their menus and drive-through signs.

In other words, as soon as 2011 it will be impossible to chomp down on a Big Mac without knowing that it contains over 500 calories, more than a quarter of the Agriculture Department's 2,000-calorie daily guideline.

The legislation also requires labels on food items in vending machines, meaning that anybody tempted by a king-size Snickers bar will know up front that it packs 440 calories."

The new federal law requires restaurant chains with 20 or more outlets to disclose calorie counts on their food items and supply information on how many calories a healthy person should eat in a day.

Hold it just one damn minute. I don't eat at chains that have more than 20 locations. What the hell am I gonna do!

I guess them little mom & pop restaurants are gonna be free to continue poisoning me, or just maybe I should show some personal responsibility and figure it out for myself. Nah, that's way to hard, I'll just eat that poison shit and hope that the Feds get around to takin care of me. Do you see how ridiculous this is?

Don't you think the government should worry about the trillions of tax dollars they are wasting and let us worry about our own calorie intake. Hell I weigh within 10 lbs of what I did 1n 1960, all three of my daughters and all 6 Grandbabies are slim and trim, all done by personal responsibility. Go figure!

Ejay

No comments:

Post a Comment