Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Substance, I Hope!

March 28, 2010

I guess this subject kinda dovetails in with my last “Lies” blog. It seems to me that we need to start “Practicing what We Preach”, “Walkin, Not Just Talkin”, “Puttin Our Money where Our Mouths Are”.

Looks to me like we have way too much Style and no Substance. I’m tired of words and no action to back’em up. The “Tea Partiers” seem to have the right idea. They got up off their butts and did something. Whether you believe in their cause or not, you gotta admire them for their courage.

Recently I made an attempt to retire from my life as a drink manufacturer. During that short stint I allowed a change in my recipe for my “better for You” drinks. We removed natural “Pure Cane Sugar” and replaced it with HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup). We didn’t lie about it, we put in the ingredients label in very small print. Kind of a lie by omission. Do you see the Dovetailing now?

We saved money by making the move to HFCS, but we lost a little of our sole in the process. Well, I have fired the entire company making my product and starting Monday I will put the integrity back in my product and try to reclaim a little of my sole. I use the word try because I think it is not automatically given back by the Good Lord.

Now that I have explained the little actions that I am taking, I want to pass on a quote I had emailed to me that needs to be shouted from the roof tops, the Author is unknown.

“The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency. It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to the depraved electorate willing to have such a man for its president. Thus, the problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president.”

OK, I know that is gonna rile up a lot of my Liberal friends, but hell after all this is my Blog. At least that’s how I see it.

Ejay

No comments:

Post a Comment