Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Admiration of Christine


As of late I have developed a sense of admiration for those individuals who have the guts to stand up for what they believe in, mainly my daughter Christine. Although I sometimes think she may be slightly misguided in her beliefs, at least she believes in her convictions.

Christine has researched the GMO issue and she feels strongly enough about it that she plans on participating in a protest in Houston. I haven't done one bit of research and I haven't spoken with Christine enough to know whether her info is anecdotal or if she has actual evidence supporting her position on this subject.

I personally haven't seen enough info to form a strong opinion one way or another. As I understand it, there are a few Countries that have banned GMO products. I also understand that GMO practices have enabled the USA farmers to basically feed the world. I personally am gonna have to see more proof before I get on the band wagon for banning GMO products.

All of that being said, Why are the big food processors afraid to at least put it on the label? Are they trying to hedge their bets in case GMO products are found to be harmful? If we decide to consume GMO products it should be by CHOICE. I would like to know what I am eating. If you can't find out on the label then how can you make a choice. What's wrong with some "truth in labeling".

So you see, Christine by standing up for her convictions has convinced me to take a stance. She is a strong person who honestly has our best interests at heart and I admire her for that.

At least that's the way I see it.

Ejay   

No comments:

Post a Comment